Dr. Phyliss Shapiro, after graduating from Georgetown University School of Medicine, trained in obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN) as a resident physician at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center (now Mount Sinai West) in New York City. Since then, she has practiced OB/GYN in Connecticut. She cares for patients through their life health changes and challenges.
She followed a natural path to develop life care plans for people with chronic health needs after injury or illness.
Dr. Shapiro’s commitment to the most up to date knowledge and standards of care is reflected in her yearly recertification in the specialty of OB/GYN and her re-certification in life care planning every five years.
Dr. Shapiro is experienced as a medical expert in OB/GYN medical malpractice cases. This includes reviewing health records and offering expert opinion and testimony as to the standards of medical care.
She incorporates these skills as a Certified Life Care Planner in the development and rebuttal of life care plans for the lifetime health needs of those who have experienced injuries or illness, especially catastrophic.
Dr. Shapiro’s attention to details, commitment to the timely successful completion of tasks, and incorporation of teamwork, which are so important in the practice of medicine and life care planning, are vital in the support of the legal profession.
- 2015 Certificate of Completion, Life Care Planning Pre-Certification Program, University of Florida
- 1983 MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine
- 1979 MS, Physiology, Georgetown University
- 1978 BA, Magna Cum Laude and Honors in Biology, Brandeis University
- 2015 Certified Life Care Planner, International Commission on Health Care Certification (ICHCC); five-year re-certification
- 1989 American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), Fellow
- 1989 Diplomat, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG), Annual Recertification
- 1987 CT State Medical License, Annual Renewal
- 1987- Present Medical Practice in OB/GYN in Connecticut
- 1983-1987 Resident and Chief Resident, St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center (now Mount Sinai West), New York, NY
CV is available upon request.